Difficulties accessing and sharing useful information
In the conference room are meeting: Clifford (CEO), Christian (CFO), Irene (IT Manager),
Simon (Sales Manager), Hanna (HR Manager) and Paul (Purchasing Manager)
The Agenda title:
Your company needs to give employees a single point of access and consistent interface for accessing business information and self-service applications.
Although it varies from company to company, you might want to examine the following:
- Are you operating a company intranet? Do your employees know where to go to find the online information and business functions you make available to them?
- Can you offer employees a single log-in username and password to access all self-service applications?
- Are your applications easy to use, or do employees need to spend time navigating and searching, and eventually turn in inaccurate or incomplete business documents?
- Are employees failing to adopt the online tools you provide and choose to go back to the old e-mail and phone call channels of handling requests for information?
- Do employees complain about not having the ability to collaborate effectively with other employees?
- Would you say the investment in an intranet was worth what you get out of it? Would you want to see more value produced by the technology?