Difficulty Maintaining Accurate Data and Reporting Models
- After data has been entered in GL, need to manually map your GL structure to the one used in the corporate reporting model?
- How much time does it take? Are there errors? Once mapping is complete, do you have to manually re-enter data from your GL?
- Need to manually re-enter key data from your sub sites into your corporate reporting model?
- Do users at remote sites re-enter data from local systems?
- How long does it take? Are there errors? What has been the impact of inconsistent data?
- Difficult to maintain an updated reporting model? How changes are made to the model? Add a new reporting unit? Change a formula?
- Manually make those changes everywhere in the model? How much time does it take? Are there errors?
- Some places missed? It gets changed differently in different places? What has been the impact?
- Communicate changes in the reporting model to all reporting sites?
- When you receive data from lower level reporting sites, how do you upload them to the main site? How do you distribute reports to different reporting sites? Is it a manual process?
- How long does it take? Does everyone get the reports needed on time? If not, what is the impact?
- Local sites need to maintain an additional reporting model for their local reporting? Do you require a build up of chart of accounts and reports different to the ones for corporate reporting?
- Often need to change reporting model, such as reporting structures? Need to consolidate and/or eliminate according to different structures?
- How much time does it take? Are they ever made incorrectly? Or not in a timely matter? What has been the consequence?
- Eliminate the manual mapping and data entry and reduce time and errors?
- Reduce time and errors during data capture?
- Maintain the model in one place, eliminating all manual corrections and ensuring the accuracy in your reporting model?
- ll changes to the reporting model are available online to all reporting sites immediately?
- Reduce the time spent on maintaining separate reporting models?
- Reduce time and errors in updating your reporting model?