- The order desk is unaware of promotions or special discounts for customers. This has cost your business too many times, and customers get upset if they don’t get the best price.
- Customers don’t always know the part numbers to order. This happens often, and it is difficult and time consuming for you to determine what they want to order. Customers get frustrated, and the order desk
sometimes orders the wrong item. As a result, customers get upset, and they think your company is difficult to do business with.
- The order desk takes orders for items that are out of stock or lack enough inventory. This occurs too often, and they cannot check across multiple warehouses or ship from alternate locations. They do not know what is in the warehouse, but already committed. They have to call the customer back often, and partial orders cannot be filled. They cannot be put on backorder. As a result, customers get frustrated.
- The order desk takes orders for items that are out of stock or lack enough inventory too often. They cannot check across multiple warehouses or ship from alternate locations. They do not know what is in the warehouse, but already committed, and they have to call the customer back often. Partial orders cannot be filled or put on backorder, and as a result, customers get frustrated.
- You are unable to offer substitutes for out of stock items. Customers get frustrated and orders are canceled too often.
- It takes a long time to enter and process and order. Customers are put on hold too often, and as a result they frequently hang up.
- Customers are frustrated when they call about an order. It takes too long to find the status of an order, and multiple people need to get involved. The order cannot be re-prioritized, and as result order get cancelled often, which costs a lot.