Ineffective cost control and high overhead of manufacturing operations: It is too difficult to track, analyze and reduce the costs of manufacturing operations
In the conference room are meeting: Christian (CFO), Irene (IT Manager), Paul (Purchasing Manager),
Peter (Production Manager), and Enrique (Engineering Manager)
The Agenda title:
Although it varies from company to company, you might want to examine the following:
- How do you discover and manage cost variances?
- How do you record cost histories? Are they available for your review?
- How do you assess your materials usage?
- How do you assess the cost of customized products or rare items? Is it an expensive proposition to provide customized products?
- Do you make products for stock, or in response to sales orders? How do you analyze and determine the cost aspect of either?
- How do you manage future cost changes? Can you manage the dates those changes will be effective?