Ineffective cost control and high overhead of manufacturing operations: It would be hart to make manufacturing processes more efficient and flexible without disrupting them
In the conference room are meeting: Christian (CFO), Irene (IT Manager), Paul (Purchasing Manager),
Peter (Production Manager), and Enrique (Engineering Manager)
The Agenda title:
Although it varies from company to company, you might want to examine the following:
- How do you track and implement engineering changes? Do you have a way to model the cost impact of such changes?
- Historically, what has the result of changes to products and processes been on overhead and financial performance of manufacturing?
- How quickly are manufacturing orders for your primary products moved through production to delivery? Do you know how this compares to your major competitors? Is reducing cycle times a business objective?
- Do you know how you would go about reducing cycle times?
- Have you lost any sales or customers because you could not make manufacturing more efficient, or offer customers better economy?