Ineffective cost control and high overhead of manufacturing operations: Managers lack reliable planning tools and comprehensive data to increase the profitability of products and processes
In the conference room are meeting: Christian (CFO), Irene (IT Manager), Paul (Purchasing Manager),
Peter (Production Manager), and Enrique (Engineering Manager)
The Agenda title:
Although it varies from company to company, you might want to examine the following:
- How do you plan for improving the margins on your products? Has the trend been toward better margins? What would you say the reasons for that are?
- How do you accommodate sudden, unforeseen market changes in your manufacturing and financial planning, without taking a loss?
- How do you respond to imminent shortages?
- Can you quickly issue purchase orders or manufacturing orders, and avoid taking a hit to productiveness and profitability?
- Can you plan cost-effective promotions and sales that are profitable as well?