Ineffective cost control and high overhead of manufacturing operations: Managers lack reliable planning tools and comprehensive data to increase the profitability of products and processes
In the conference room are meeting: Christian (CFO), Irene (IT Manager), Paul (Purchasing Manager),
Peter (Production Manager), and Enrique (Engineering Manager)
The Agenda title:
Although it varies from company to company, you might want to examine the following:
- How do you manage external resources? How cost-effective is that outsourcing process?
- Do you anticipate that outsourcing might play a larger role in the future?
- Are your vendors and suppliers working cost-effectively for you?
- How do you manage those relationships for best economy?
- Can you perform what-if costing scenarios to help you in your decision-making?
- What planning tools do you use today? How satisfied are you with what they allow you to do?