In the conference room are meeting: Christian (CFO), Peter (Production Manager), Simon (Sales Manager), Irene (IT Manager), and Paul (Purchasing Manager).
The Agenda title:
Although it varies from company to company, you might want to examine the following:
- Do you have a way to link sales data and historic business information to the forecasting effort?
- Can you plan and forecast company-wide, or do your regional offices perform their own planning efforts?
- How do forecasts affect production planning? How quickly do forecasts translate into production?
- Do you involve your suppliers and business partners in your planning process? Have any of them asked to be involved?
- Do you involve your sales force in the forecasting process? Would it be beneficial to get their input? In what way?
- Do you hold regular sales and operations planning meetings? What data or information is reviewed? How helpful are these meetings?