Low competitiveness and poor ability to respond to demand: Production processes are not flexible enough to accommodate quickly changing customer needs
In the conference room are meeting: Christian (CFO), Peter (Production Manager), Simon (Sales Manager), Irene (IT Manager), and Paul (Purchasing Manager).
The Agenda title:
Although it varies from company to company, you might want to examine the following:
- Can you customize products for customers?
- What are your customers asking from you as regards product customization? How easy is the process of configuring a customer’s order?
- What is the ratio of custom to standard products from your manufacturing?
- Do you need to maintain separate bills of material for customized products?
- Can you support your customers’ economic objectives, offer them special pricing or promotions, and show them that you do business with their cost-effectiveness in mind?
- What is the average life cycle of your primary products? How often do you plan new product introductions? Is the integration between the engineering or design team and the production teams effective?