- You have too many open positions per year. Your method of keeping track of open positions is inefficient, and you receive too many resumes and/or applications in a day/week/month to effectively track them manually. You either track/file/store them electronically or as hard copies, but it still takes too much time to look back for information on applicants/applications you’ve already received and/or interviewed.
- You cannot generate enough different kinds of reports today. There are some that you’d like to generate but can’t. It would help to have reports on open positions, the number of applications received during a certain timeframe, the number of candidates that applied for a certain position, the number that were interviewed, how many interviews an average candidate goes through, the source of the candidates (newspaper, referral, etc.), how many days it took to fill a requisition, and the cost to hire/fill a requisition. You are unable to answer questions quickly upon request, based on accurate and concrete data. It takes too long to access and compile information that is needed.
- You lack a clear method of ensuring consistency in interviews, phone screens, reference checks, etc. You do not have standard forms that you use and need someone to create them, or already had someone create them who should not have done that job. This either takes too long or took too long to complete, and the information is stored in an unorganized manner.
- You do not track employee skills, certifications, etc. and training course completion. You have no way of knowing you’re promoting or hiring the best person for a position. If you’ve hired externally, you have no
way of knowing there wasn’t someone internal who could’ve filled the job.
- You do not efficiently keep track of open positions, so you cannot reliably tell how many open positions you have in a year. You have trouble matching skill sets with job requisitions, and the process used for tracking information when people become employees is inefficient.
- In your current solution, there is additional information you’d like to track about your requisitions, applicants, etc. that you are not able to. Your method of tracking/reporting on/analyzing this, if not within your application, is inefficient. If using a solution now and modified to meet these needs, you spent too much on consulting/IT costs for modification.