Ineffective cost control and high overhead of manufacturing operations: It would be hart to make manufacturing processes more efficient and flexible without disrupting them
In the conference room are meeting: Christian (CFO), Irene (IT Manager), Paul (Purchasing Manager),
Peter (Production Manager), and Enrique (Engineering Manager)
The Agenda title:
Although it varies from company to company, you might want to examine the following:
- How do you ensure that production in progress is in line with planning and expectations, and does not result in cost overruns? Has it happened that you ran into cost-growing tendencies?
- How were you able to change direction in those instances? Were you satisfied with the speed and impact of that aspect of cost management?
- How do you manage material requirements so you do not run out of needed item or component quantities? Is that cost-effective?
- Can you easily modify the way you assemble or make products, if you become aware of an opportunity to introduce better economy or efficiency?
- How often do you need to make adjustments to your manufacturing process? How smooth and manageable are those periods?